President Gotabaya Rajapaksa took steps to provide immediate solutions to five out of seven demands made by the Public Services United Nurses Union on Friday (02).
The President assured to give solutions for other two demands from the next Budget.
President Rajapaksa decided to immediately implement the following five demands,
01. Opening up of a University of Nursing,
02. Reinstatement of staff status which was suspended during the Yahapalana Government’s tenure by circular 32/2017 on 07.12.2017,
03. Reinstatement of the mechanism to make promotions from grade iii to grade ii in five years and Grade ii to Grade I in seven years,
04. Rs.20,000 annual uniform allowance, and
05. Referral of the proposal to consider the current 36-hour working hours as five days (30 hours) a week, to a special committee.
The President expressed these views at a meeting held with the Public Services United Nurses Union yesterday(02).